TUESDAY NIGHTS: 6pm - 8.30pm INTERMEDIATE POTTERY WHEEL January 10 - February 14
6 week course , 2 ½ hours/week. Up to 8 students in each class. Adults 18+
This class is for students who already have pottery wheel experience and are ready to sharpen their skills and advance to the next level. You will cover advanced pottery techniques and more complex trimming and glazing. Students will learn to make more skilled pieces like handled mugs and matching bowls and learn advanced trimming and glazing techniques.
This class includes a half a bag of clay, space to keep your work, and access to the classroom studio to practice from 9am - 6pm, Monday through Friday except when a scheduled class is in session. Please check the class schedule before coming in to practice. This class is for 18 year olds and up.
We provide: all the things you’ll need to make the thing: clay, tools, glazes and the kilns to fire your work, along with an expert teacher who will be by your side to help you create something amazing.
This class includes:
- Your own 12lb bag of clay
- Use of student studio tools
- A space to keep your work
- Glazing and firing any work you wish to keep is included
- Daily access to the student classroom for you to drop-in and practice!
- Student Classroom is open to current students enrolled in any active class from 9am - 6pm DAILY except when a class or a special event is session.
- Check the weekly schedule BEFORE coming in to practice to be sure the classroom studio is available.
You’ll need to prepare by:
- Wearing comfortable clothing and shoes which you don’t mind getting dirty
- Please wear closed toe shoes
- Bring an apron to preserve your clothes, if you can. (We do sell aprons if you need one)
- Please leave jewelry and watches at home
- Please tie your hair back and up if you can
- Pro tip: shorter fingernails are really helpful
Cancellations or changes:
Sadly we cannot offer a refund on purchased or missed classes. If your class has not yet begun and is 7 or more days from beginning, we can switch you to another class (if available) or move you to a future course. You may gift the class to someone else to take your place, but you must let us know who your substitute will be at least 7 days prior to the start of the first class.
Please note: Any allowed switch of class, schedule or person will incur an additional $30 administration fee.
Missing a class:
Should you miss a class for some reason during the course, don’t worry, we understand this happens. Unfortunately we do not provide make-up classes or offer a refund for any missed class. We encourage you to use your free access to the student classroom to do extra practice and catch up.