OCT 25- NOV 29, TUESDAY NIGHTS: All Levels Pottery Wheel Classes. 6pm-8:30pm (6 week course)
TUESDAY EVENINGS, 6pm - 8.30pm, OCT 25, NOV 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
6 week course , 2 ½ hours/week. Up to 8 students in each class. Adults 18+
Learn the basics of throwing clay on a pottery wheel as a newbie, or expand and advance your skill level if you're already competent! Beginners will learn how to handle and center clay on the wheel. Practice creating cylinders to shape bowls and cups. Learn how to trim your work, prep it for firing and learn some simple glazing to complete it. More experienced students will be given personalized guidance according to their skill level to expand and improve their existing pottery skills and make ever more complex and creative work. All levels welcome!
We provide all the things you’ll need to make the thing: clay, tools, glazes and the kilns to fire your work, along with an expert teacher who will be by your side to help you learn and develop your pottery skills!
This class includes:
- A half a bag of clay to get you going
- Use of all studio tools to make your work
- A space to keep your work
- Glazing and firing any work you wish to keep
- Daily access to the student classroom for you to drop in and practice. Our Student Classroom is open to current students enrolled in any active class from 9am till 6pm daily EXCEPT when a scheduled class or a special event is in session (Please check the weekly schedule BEFORE coming in to practice to be sure the classroom studio is available).
You’ll need to prepare by:
- Wearing comfortable clothing and shoes which you don’t mind getting dirty
- Please wear closed toe shoes
- Bring an apron to preserve your clothes, if you can. (We do sell aprons if you need one)
- Please leave any jewelry and watches at home
- Please tie your hair back and up if you can
- Pro tip: shorter fingernails are really helpful
Cancellations or changes:
Sadly we cannot offer a refund on purchased or missed classes. If your class has not yet begun and is 7 or more days from beginning, we can switch you to another class if available or move you to a future course. You can also gift the class to someone to take your place. Please let us know who your substitute will be a minimum of 5 days prior to the class starting. Any change of class or schedule will incur $25 administration fee.
Missing a class:
Should you miss a class for some reason during the course, don’t worry, we understand this happens. Unfortunately we cannot provide make-up classes or offer a refund for a missed class. We do encourage you to use your free access to the studio to do extra practice and catch up.